Friday 5 July 1929US date format: 7/5/1929, UK date format: 5/7/1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 5, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacqueline Harpman and Al Davis.
The Wrecker, directed by Géza von Bolváry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1929 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Jacqueline Harpman
- Al Davis: Businessman.
- Mary Maxwell Gates: Philanthropist / mother of Bill Gates.
- Katherine Helmond in Galveston: Texas, USA; actress (Soap, Mona - Who's The Boss?).
- Katherine Helmond: American film, theater and television actress.
- Chuck Tanner: Athlete.
- Mary Gates: Teacher.
- Jovan Rašković: Serbian psychiatrist academic and politician (d. 1992).
- Jiří Reynek: Czech poet and graphic artist (d. 2014).
- Chikao Ohtsuka: Japanese actor (d. 2015).
- Dick Healey: American/Australian jazz musician, an alto saxophone and clarinet player, flutist.
- Henry Lincoln Johnson: American member of 369th regiment (aka Harlem Hell Fighters), the first American to receive the Croix de guerre (Born 1897).
- 42nd Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Helen Moody beats Helen Jacobs (61 62)
- WOWO-AM, Indiana returns to air, 1 day after transmitter burns down