Friday 5 June 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 5, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo and Nelson "Bo" Burton Jr.
The Phantom Plainsmen, directed by John English, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1942 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo: President of Equatoriaal Guinee (1979- ).
- Charles Dodge: Composer.
- Nelson "Bo" Burton Jr: Bowler / sportscaster (Pro Bowlers Tour).
- Jean-Claude Ammann: French sculptor, engraver, and painter born of Swiss parents.
- Teodoro Mbasogo: Equatoguinean lieutenant and politician 2nd President of Equatorial Guinea.
- British offensive in North Africa under general Ritchie
- USA declares war on Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania
- Elwood Ordnance Plant explosion near Joliet, Illinois, USA kills 54.
- World War II: United States declares war on Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania.