Wednesday 5 November 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 5, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Art Garfunkel and Patricia Harty in Washington DC.
They Died with Their Boots On, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1941!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1941 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Art Garfunkel: American musician and actor.
- Edward Whitacre, Jr.: Businessman.
- Patricia Harty in Washington DC: USA; actress (Occasional Wife, Blondie).
- Rudy Schlesinger: American baseball player, a right-handed pinch hitter who played one game with the Boston Red Sox on 4 May 1965.
- Yoshiyuki Tomino: Japanese animator director and screenwriter.
- Arndt Pekurinen: Finnish pacifist (Born 1905).
- Japanese marine staff officiers Suzuki / Maejima leave Pearl Harbor