Saturday 11 April 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hubert Nyssen and Ethel Kennedy.
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Soundings by A. Hamilton Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1925 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Hubert Nyssen: Belgian editor who became French citizen in 1976, he founded the publishing house "Actes Sud" in Arles (South of France).
- Ethel Kennedy: Wife of Bobby.
- Johan van Zonderen: Painter.
- Rik Kuijpers: Belgian director (Sea gulls die in the harbor).
- Oscar De: Ville; CEO (Meyer International).
- Pierre Peladeau: Canadian businessman (d. 1997).
- Elmer Ochs: Newton Military man.
- Yuriy Lituyev: Russian hurdler and commander (d. 2000).
- Viktor Masing: Estonian botanist and ecologist (d. 2001).
- Pierre Péladeau: Canadian businessman founded Quebecor (d. 1997).
- Abd el-Krims Rifkabylen beats French army in Morocco.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cliff Edwards - Fascinating Rhythm
- I'll See You in My Dreams - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- How Do You Do? - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?