Sunday 19 April 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh O'Brian and Hugh O'Brian [Krampke] in Rochester.
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Green Hat by Michael Arlen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1925 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Hugh O'Brian: American actor and singer.
- Hugh O'Brian [Krampke] in Rochester: New York, USA; actor (Wyatt Earp, Search).
- Jacques Lippe: Belgian film actor, who died on 21 September 1990 in Forest, Bruxelles, Belgium.
- Jacques Turmine: Soissons EXecutives.
- John Kraaijkamp: Sr.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- O! Katharina - Ted Lewis & His Band
- At the End of the Road - Lewis James
- Why Couldn't it be Poor Little Me? - Isham Jones Conducting Ray Miller's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?