Friday 6 July 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 6, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wojciech Jaruzelski and Madame Claude.
Where the North Begins, directed by Chester M. Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1923 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Wojciech Jaruzelski: Retired Polish military officer and communist politician.
- Madame Claude
- Cathy O'Donnell: American actress (Born 1923).
- Marie McDonald: Burgin, Kentucky -- Singer / actress (Promises Promises).
- Nancy Davis in New York: USA; spouse of Ronald Reagan, first Lady (1981-89).
- Mme Claude: French call-girl madame, manager of prostitutes.
- 36th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Suzanne Lenglen beats K McKane (62 62)
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics forms.