Sunday 6 July 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Serge Leclaire and Robert Michael White.
Destiny, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1924 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Serge Leclaire: French neuropsychiatrist and psychoanalyst.
- Robert Michael White: NYC, New York -- Test pilot (X-15).
- Robert M: White; pilot (X-15).
- Jean Perisson: Arcachon Musician.
- Louie Bellson: American drummer composer and bandleader (d. 2009).
- 1st photo sent experimentally across Atlantic by radio, US-England
- First photo sent experimentally across Atlantic by radio, USA to England.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- What'll I Do? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?