Monday 6 January 1919, Epiphany
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvia Syms US singer (Hello Dolly and Bernard Algan.
Your Wife and Mine, directed by Eve Dorrington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1919 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Sylvia Syms US singer (Hello Dolly: Dream Girl, Them There Eyes).
- Bernard Algan: Chaumont physician.
- Roy Cochran: American hurdler and sprinter (d. 1981).
- Max Heindel: Danish-American occultist who was a Christian disciple and a Theosophist for three years prior to founding the Rosicrucian Fellowship of the U.S.
- Tragic week (Argentina)
- Estonian Freedom War: The Soviet Army meets resistance from Estonian forces.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 January 1919
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- O Death, Where is Thy Sting? - Bert Williams
- Oh How I Wish I Could Sleep Until My Daddy Comes Back Home - Henry Burr
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 (Anitra's Dance) - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- When You Come Back, and You Will Come Back - Orpheus Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?