Monday 6 January 1947, EpiphanyUS date format: 1/6/1947, UK date format: 6/1/1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrea Ferreol and Sandy Denny.
Vacation Days, directed by Arthur Dreifuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1947 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Andrea Ferreol
- Sandy Denny: British singer, songwriter and recording artist with "Fairport Convention" from 5/68.
- Ian Millar: Athlete.
- Ian Millar in Halifax: Nova Scotia, Canada; dressage rider (World Cup 1988, 1989, Olympics-1996).
- Andréa Ferréol: French actress and officer of the Ordre national du Mérite (2009).
- Ray Lindwall smashes 100 versus England in Melbourne Cricket Ground Test.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - A Gal in Calico
- Huggin' and a-Chalkin' - Johnny Mercer
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)