Saturday 6 July 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 6, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvester Stallone and George W Bush.
Canyon Passage, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1946 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Sylvester Stallone: American actor who made a huge break-through to overnight success with writing and starring in "Rocky," 1976, an Oscar winning picture.
- George W Bush: 43rd President of the United States.
- Fred Dryer: American football player and actor.
- Toquinho (singer)
- Peter Singer: Australian philosopher and academic.
- Toquinho : Brazilian singer and violinist, composer.
- Fred Dryer in Hawthone: California, USA; NFL player (New York Giants, Los Angeles Rams) / actor (Hunter).
- James Wyeth: Wilmington artists.
- Jamie Wyeth: American artist and noted family of American artists, the grandson of N.C.
- Rick Hunter: Actor.
- Sylvester Stallone in New York City: New York, USA; actor / director (Rocky, Rambo, Cobra).
- George Bush: American politician, U. S. President for two terms, Texas oil millionaire and baseball owner, from a noted family, the Republican son of U.S.
- Jean-Claude Frison: Belgian actor and comedian.
- St. Louis Woman closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 113 performances
- 53rd Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Pauline Betz beats Louise Brough (62 64)
- 60th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Yvon Petra beats G Brown (62 64 79 57 64)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gene Krupa & His Orchestra - Boogie Blues
- Stone Cold Dead in the Market (He Had It Coming) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan