Friday 6 October 1939US date format: 10/6/1939, UK date format: 6/10/1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 6, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Melvyn Bragg and John J LaFalce.
Sabotage, directed by Harold Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1939 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Melvyn Bragg: British writer, editor and presenter of...
- John J LaFalce: (Rep-D-New York, 1975- ).
- Jack Cullen: American baseball player.
- Douglas K Bereuter: (Rep-R-Nebraska, 1979- ).
- Sheila Greibach: American computer scientist and...
- John LaFalce: American politician, and former Member...
- Richard Delgado: American lawyer and academic.
- Adolf Hitler denies he intends to go to war against France and Britain
- Hitler announces plans to regulate Jewish problem
- World War II: The last Polish army is defeated.