Tuesday 6 October 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Britt Ekland and Fred Travalena in New York City.
Flying Tigers, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Moon Is Down by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1942 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Britt Ekland: Swedish-American actress, one of Sweden's top sex symbols.
- Fred Travalena in New York City: New York USA; comedian/impressionist (Buy and Cell).
- Dan Christensen: American painter (d. 2007).
- Fred Travalena: American comedian and impressionist (Born 1942).
- Allied assault on oil installations of Bula Ceram
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?