Wednesday 6 June 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Neville Heath and Kirk Kerkorian.
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Wildfire by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1917 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Neville Heath: British murderer and sadist who is noted for the gruesome killings of two women, crimes, "too horrible to describe.
- Kirk Kerkorian: American entrepreneur and former aviator, billionaire owner of the world's largest hotel, MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada and part owner of Chrysler Corporation.
- Iacob Moresianu: Composer, dies at 59.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- For Me and My Gal - Prince's Orchestra
- Poor Butterfly - Charles Harrison
- Livery Stable Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Poor Butterfly - Fritz Kreisler
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?