Sunday 7 November 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
The Next Three Days, directed by Paul Haggis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while American Assassin by Vince Flynn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Edwardian Farm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 101 Shark Pets or Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 7 November 2010 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 November
- New York Marathon
- Somali Islamist militant group al-Shabaab threaten more attacks in Burundi and Uganda in retaliation for their participation in an African Union peacekeeping operation in the country. Meanwhile, seven people are killed in fighting in the capital Mogadishu. (CP)
- Police use batons, pepper spray, tear gas and water cannon to disrupt activists expressing concern about the safety of a temporary warehouse in Gorleben where nuclear waste is being transported via train from France to Germany. It is thought to be the largest such mobilisation ever. (euronews)
- Kenyan policeman Peter Karanja kills 10 people, including two colleagues, in a shooting rampage in bars in Siakago, 90 miles northeast of Nairobi. Protesters outside the police station demand answers from police as to how this incident happened. (Xinhua)
- Israel police fire tear gas and rubber bullets at residents trying to halt demolition of an illegal mosque in the southern Bedouin city of Rahat. (Al Jazeera)
- Fourteen people are killed in United States drone attacks in North Waziristan, Pakistan. (AP)
- At least three people die, including two members of Sons of Iraq due to a bomb planted at their checkpoint in central Iraq, and an imam was shot dead in Baghdad. (CNN)
- Queen Elizabeth II starts a Facebook page but one is not permitted to ampquotpokeampquot or ampquotbefriendampquot her. (BBC)
- The 16th London Turkish Film Festival began Thursday evening with the world premier of Çağan Irmak's 'Prensesin Uykusu' at the Empire Leicester Square in London. (''Hürriyet Daily'')
- Supporters of Chinese artist Ai Weiwei hold a party at his studio in Shanghai ahead of its scheduled demolition he cannot attend as he is under house arrest. (BBC)
- Residents of Cap d'Agde, Europe's largest nudist colony, criticise foreign nudists and express unhappiness at ampquotan explosion of libertarianismampquot they claim is turning the resort into the ampquotEuropean capital of debaucheryampquot and an ampquotopen-air brothelampquot. (''The Observer'')
- Airlines cancel flights to Indonesia due to the Mount Merapi volcanic eruption. (ABC News Australia)
- Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said that Iran has agreed to hold talks with the five UN Security Council permanent members and Germany (G5+1) in Turkey. (Xinhua)
- Israel expels Riksdag member Mehmet Kaplan, a veteran of the Gaza flotilla raid, moments after his arrival, claiming he had ampquotfailed to follow procedureampquot. Ex-Israeli artist Dror Feiler, who is also currently based in Sweden, is expelled with him. (AFP via Google News)
- Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir arrives in Qatar for talks with Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. (Al Jazeera)
- Swedish police announce that a 38-year-old male had been brought into custody on suspicion of being involved in the Malmö shootings. (BBC)
- Burmese election
- Voters in Burma go to the polls for the Burmese general election, the first national election in twenty years, with widespread allegations of intimidation and fraud. (ABC)
- Police in Vietnam detain prominent government critic Cu Huy Ha Vu on charges of ampquotpropaganda against the stateampquot. (VOV News)
- Greeks vote in local elections with the Prime Minister George Papandreou threatening to dissolve parliament if his party does not fare well. Early results show that the PASOK is doing well making an early election less likely. (AP via ''Beaver County Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 7 November 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Milan : 2 - 3
- Fiorentina - Chievo : 1 - 0
- Juventus - Cesena : 3 - 1
- Lazio - Roma : 0 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Club Brugge : 2 - 2
- Cercle Brugge - Gent : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hannover - Dortmund : 0 - 4
- Leverkusen - Kaiserslautern : 3 - 1
- Stuttgart - Werder Bremen : 6 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Munich 1860 - Aachen : 2 - 1
- Paderborn - Hertha : 1 - 0
- Union Berlin - Oberhausen : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?