Friday 7 January 1938, Orthodox Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roland Topor and Robert Actis.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while My Son, My Son! by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Foundations of Cookery.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 7 January 1938 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Roland Topor: French artist and writer.
- Robert Actis: French criminal, one of the last men to be sentenced to death and executed in France.
- Lou Graham: American golfer and soldier.
- Fred Whitfield: American baseball player (d. 2013).
- Joseph P. Kennedy is appointed American Ambassador to Great Britain, and Hugh R. Wilson is appointed Ambassador to Germany.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?