Saturday 8 January 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Eubanks in Flint Michigan and Bob Eubanks.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Craftsmen at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1938 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Bob Eubanks in Flint Michigan: USA; TV host (Newlywed Game).
- Bob Eubanks: American TV personality and entertainment entrepreneur.
- Anthony Giddens: English sociologist and academic.
- Yevgeny Nesterenko: Russian opera singer and educator.
- Johnny Gruelle: Creator of Raggedy Ann and Andy (Born 1880).
- Bradman scores 107 for South Australia vs. Queensland (1st innings)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?