Saturday 8 January 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Eubanks and Bob Eubanks in Flint Michigan.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Foundations of Cookery.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 8 January 1938 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Bob Eubanks: American TV personality and entertainment entrepreneur.
- Bob Eubanks in Flint Michigan: USA; TV host (Newlywed Game).
- Anthony Giddens: English sociologist and academic.
- Yevgeny Nesterenko: Russian opera singer and educator.
- Johnny Gruelle: Creator of Raggedy Ann and Andy (Born 1880).
- Bradman scores 107 for South Australia vs. Queensland (1st innings)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?