Thursday 13 January 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paavo Johannes Heininen and William B Davis.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1938 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Paavo Johannes Heininen: Composer.
- William B Davis: Canadian actor.
- Billy Gray in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Bud - Father Knows Best).
- Richard Anthony: French jewish singer of the "yéyé" period, in the sixties, born to an "ambassadeur".
- Cabu : French comic strip artist and caricaturist.
- Daevid Allen: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Soft Machine and Gong) (d. 2015)
- Dave Edwards: American captain and politician (d. 2013)
- Tord Grip: Swedish footballer and manager
- Anna Home: English screenwriter and producer
- Shivkumar Sharma: Indian santoor player and composer
- The Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs has its New York premiere, at Radio City Music Hall.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?