Wednesday 5 January 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Juan Carlos I of Spain and Edwin Elliason.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Foundations of Cookery.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 5 January 1938 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Juan Carlos I of Spain
- Edwin Elliason: Washington, United States -- US archer (1992 Olympics).
- Jim Otto: NFL center (Oakland Raiders).
- Leo Avery: Abbot of Quarr.
- Ngugi wa Thiong'o: Kenyan writer.
- King Juan: Carlos I of Spain.
- Piet Kruiver: Dutch soccer star.
- Lindsay Crosby: American noted family, the youngest of four sons of Bing and Dixie Crosby.
- Jose Del Canizo: Spanish writer of gardening books and Children's Literature.
- David Grisham: American astrologer, a pro member of AFA at Tulsa, OK.
- Juan Carlos I : Italian-Spanish royalty, the son of the exiled Don Juan and after the death of Dictator Francisco Franco, Spain's first King since 1931.
- James Otto: American pro football player with the Oakland Raiders from 1960 to 1974.
- Juan King of Spain: World Leader.
- Juan Carlos: I; king of Spain (1975-).
- Ngũgĩ Thiong'o: Kenyan author and playwright.
- US Justice George Sutherland retires from the US Supreme Court at age 75.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?