Saturday 22 January 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Altair and Jean Taillandier.
The Dybbuk, directed by Michal Waszynski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1938 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Altair: Brazilian footballer.
- Jean Taillandier: French soccer/football player, a goalkeeper who played for RC Paris (1955–1964), RC Lens (1964–1969), and with the French national team in the Euro 1960.
- Peter Beard: Australian photographer and author.
- Thornton Wilder's play ''Our Town'' is performed for the first time anywhere in Princeton, New Jersey. It premieres in New York City on February 4.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?