Saturday 7 January 1939, Orthodox Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Buchan and Prince Michael.
Jesse James, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Western Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 7 January 1939 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- David Buchan: Ethno-musicologist.
- Prince Michael: of Greece and Denmark.
- Tom Kiernan: Irish rugby player and coach.
- Michael: Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark.
- US workers' union leader Tom Mooney freed (jailed since 1916).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?