Saturday 7 January 1939, Orthodox Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 7, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Buchan and Prince Michael.
Son of Frankenstein, directed by Rowland V. Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Western Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1939 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- David Buchan: Ethno-musicologist.
- Prince Michael: of Greece and Denmark.
- Tom Kiernan: Irish rugby player and coach.
- Michael: Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark.
- US workers' union leader Tom Mooney freed (jailed since 1916).