Saturday 1 January 1938, NewYear’s Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Emerson American politician (Representative-Republican-Missouri and Frank Langella.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Craftsmen at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1938 ?
- Bill Emerson American politician (Representative-Republican-Missouri: 1981-).
- Frank Langella: American actor and legitimate theater producer, best known for his 1970s performances in "Diary of a Mad Housewife" and "Dracula," though he has had a distinguished theater career of classical and demanding roles in over 70 plays.
- Erkki Lähde: Finnish professor, a forest scientist whose radical views on how to manage forests stir dissent.
- Gus Trikonis: American actor, dancer and singer who moved began directing in 1975.
- Clay Cole: American television host and producer (d. 2010).
- Robert Jankel: English businessman founded Panther Westwinds (d. 2005)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?