Monday 17 January 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Lancelot and Paul Revere in Harvard.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 17 January 1938 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Michel Lancelot: Lognes Journalist.
- Paul Revere in Harvard: Nebraska, USA; pianist (Paul Revere and Raiders).
- John Bellairs: United States -- Sci-fi author (Chessmen of Doom).
- Percy Qoboza: South African journalist and author (d. 1988).
- William H Pickering: astronomer (predicted planet Pluto), dies at age 79.
- Supreme Soviet elects Michail Kalinin as presidium chairman.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?