Saturday 7 June 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 7, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Reymont and Alexander Cockburn.
Underground, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 June 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1941 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Marc Reymont: American psychic who claims a 93% accuracy rate on his predictions since age nine, from asking questions of his higher self in a meditative state.
- Alexander Cockburn: Journalist.
- Michael Pennington: Actor / author (Return of Sherlock Holmes).
- Jaime Laredo: in Bolivia; violinist (Queen Elisabeth of Belgium prize 1959).
- 45th US Golf Open: Craig Wood shoots a 284 at Colonial Club Ft Worth
- 73rd Belmont: Eddie Arcaro aboard Whirlaway win in 2:31 (triple crown)