Sunday 7 May 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 7, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ruud Lubbers and Johnny Maestro.
Only Angels Have Wings, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 May 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1939 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Ruud Lubbers: Dutch economist, entrepreneur, politician and premier minister.
- Johnny Maestro: American singer (Born 1939).
- Jimmy Ruffin: soloist ("What Becomes of the Broken Hearted").
- Ruggero Deodato: Italian film director, actor and screen writer.
- Johnny Maestro in New York City: New York, USA; rock vocalist (Crests - "16 Candles", "Brooklyn Bridge").
- Marco Saint John in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Rayford - Ball Four).
- Ken Blanchard: Businessman.
- Clive Soley: Baron Soley English politician.
- Marco John: American actor and producer.
- Sidney Altman: Canadian-American biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Marco St John: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Actor (Rayford-Ball Four).
- Rudolphus FM "Ruud" Lubbers: Director Dutch / CDA-Premier (1982-94).
- Volker Braun: Writer.
- Germany and Italy announce an alliance known as the Rome-Berlin Axis.