Monday 7 October 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Flament and Arwed Imiela.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1929 ?
- Marc Flament: French photojournalist.
- Arwed Imiela: German astrologer, impostor, fraud and suspected quadruple murderer, he recieved a life sentence.
- Tony Beckley: Actor (Assault, When a Stranger Calls), dies at 51.
- Graeme Ferguson: Canadian director and producer co-founded the IMAX Corporation.
- Robert Westall: English journalist and author (d. 1993).
- Ramsay MacDonald is the first British premier to address the U.S. Congress.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?