Friday 7 October 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
The Artist, directed by Michel Hazanavicius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carnation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avadon: The Black Fortress or Bumpy Road.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 7 October 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 October
- The ongoing allied war in Afghanistan marks its tenth anniversary, with the death toll among ISAF personnel reaching 2,670. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- At least 35 people are killed in an expressway accident in the north Chinese port city of Tianjin, while another 10 are killed in a 24-car pileup in the Lianyungang–Khorgas Expressway's Anhui section. (''China Daily'')
- The Norwegian Nobel Committee announce the winners of the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo, with the prize being shared between the President of Liberia Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, Liberian activist Leymah Gbowee and Yemeni women's rights activist Tawakkul Karman. (News Limited)
- A South Korean presidential aide warns that North Korea could conduct a third nuclear weapons test if disarmament negotiations do not resume. (Yonhap)
- The NYPD busts a Queens-based identity theft and retail crime ring, arresting over 110 people. It was the largest identity theft ring in the history of the United States, making an annual profit of over $13 million. (Reuters)
- Alison Redford of the Progressive Conservatives is sworn in as the first female Premier of the Canadian province of Alberta. (CBC)
- In the United States, the Occupy Wall Street protests spread from New York to other major cities. (BBC)
- The Detroit Tigers defeat the New York Yankees in Game 5 of the 2011 American League Division Series. They move on to play the Texas Rangers in the 2011 ALCS. (''New York Times'')
- The Milwaukee Brewers defeat the Arizona Diamondbacks in Game 5 to move onto the 2011 National League Championship Series. (USA Today)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 October 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?