Tuesday 8 January 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Le Borgne and Yves Leborgne.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1929 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Yves Le Borgne: French boxer, a lightweight who fought professionally between 1950-1956.
- Yves Leborgne: France sport Champion.
- Gerry Spence: American attorney, a trial lawyer who was highly visible during notorious cases such as the Silkwood estate.
- Saeed Jaffrey: Indian-English actor (d. 2015).
- 1st telephone connection between Netherlands and West-Indies
- CBS radio network buys WABC in New York City
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1929?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?