Saturday 22 September 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Debby Boone and Jean-Claude Servais.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Tea and Sympathy, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Love Or Perish by Smiley Blanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gale Storm Show: Oh! Susanna.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1956!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 22 September 1956 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Debby Boone: American singer and noted family, the first of four daughters of singer Pat Boone.
- Jean-Claude Servais
- Philippe Berthet
- Doug Wimbish: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Living Colour and Tackhead).
- Debby Boone in Hackensack: New Jersey, USA; singer ("You Light Up My Life").
- Robert Bowlin: American guitarist and fiddler (The Time Jumpers).
- Masayuki Suzuki: Japanese singer (Rats & Star).
- Frederick Soddy: English chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1956).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?