Saturday 22 September 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 22, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Debby Boone and Jean-Claude Servais.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Teenage Wolfpack, directed by Georg Tressler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Thing Of Beauty by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching David Copperfield.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1956 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Debby Boone: American singer and noted family, the first of four daughters of singer Pat Boone.
- Jean-Claude Servais
- Philippe Berthet
- Doug Wimbish: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Living Colour and Tackhead).
- Robert Bowlin: American guitarist and fiddler (The Time Jumpers).
- Masayuki Suzuki: Japanese singer (Rats & Star).
- Debby Boone in Hackensack: New Jersey, USA; singer ("You Light Up My Life").
- Frederick Soddy: English chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1956).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?