Sunday 8 November 1942US date format: 11/8/1942, UK date format: 8/11/1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 8, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Penfield and Sandro Mazzola.
You Were Never Lovelier, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1942 ?
- Marc Penfield: American astrologer and writer, a...
- Sandro Mazzola: Italian soccer player, noted family, son...
- Ronald W Howland
- Aleksandr Yakovlevich Kramarenko: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Tom Peters: Businessman.
- Ronald Howland: British pro astrologer currently based...
- Gerald Alston: US singer (Manhattans-Crazy).
- Johnny Rivers: Musician.
- Helen Garner: Novelist.
- Allies under Eisenhower land in N-Africa (Casablanca)
- Hitler proclaims fall of Stalingrad from Munich beer hall
- Vichy-France drops diplomatic relations with US
- Operation Torch begins, as Allied forces land in Northern Africa. The Western Task Force with 24,500 Americans under Major General George Patton land at Fedala (15 miles north of Casablanca), Mehdia (55 miles south of Casablanca), and Safi (140 miles south of Casablanca). The Center Task Force with 18,500 Americans under Major General Lloyd Fredenall land near Oran. The Eastern Task Force with 9000 British and 9000 Americans and 2000 British Commandos under American Major General Charles Ryder
Sport Games on 8 November 1942
- Chicago Bears - Brooklyn Dodgers : 35 - 0
- Chicago Cardinals - Washington Redskins : 0 - 28
- Green Bay Packers - Cleveland Rams : 30 - 12
- New York Giants - Philadelphia Eagles : 14 - 0