Saturday 9 December 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Galway .
An Adventure of Salvator Rosa, directed by Alessandro Blasetti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1939 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Russian air raid on Helsinki, Finland.
- 27th Grey Cup: Winnipeg Blue Bombers defeat Ottawa Rough Riders, 8-7.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Indian Summer - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Stop! It's Wonderful - Orrin Tucker & His Orchestra
- Careless - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- The Little Red Fox - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra