Saturday 29 December 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 29, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Bradley (politician) and Clarence Swensen.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 December 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1917 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Tom Bradley (politician)
- Tom Bradley: American lawyer, politician, member of the Los Angeles police department for more than 20 years, city council member and mayor of Los Angeles beginning in 1973.
- Clarence Swensen: American actor who was one of the last surviving Munchkins from the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz.
- Thomas Bradley: Calvert Politician.
- Ramanand Sagar: Indian director and producer (d. 2005).