Sunday 16 December 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 16, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wroklaw (Poland) and Arthur C Clarke.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 December 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Arthur C Clarke
- Wroklaw (Poland)
- Arthur Clarke: British science fiction writer, science writer, inventor, undersea explorer, and television series host.
- Nabi Baloch: Pakistani author and scholar (d. 2011).
- Sir Arthur C Clarke: English writer (d. 2008).
- Ruth Colvin: American author and educator founded ProLiteracy Worldwide.
- Pete Cenarrusa: American soldier pilot and politician Secretary of State of Idaho (d. 2013).
- Nabi Bux Khan Baloch: Sindhi scholar.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Break the News to Mother - Shannon Four
- Beale Street Blues - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra