Sunday 16 December 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wroklaw (Poland) and Arthur C Clarke.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 December 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Arthur C Clarke
- Wroklaw (Poland)
- Arthur Clarke: British science fiction writer, science writer, inventor, undersea explorer, and television series host.
- Nabi Baloch: Pakistani author and scholar (d. 2011).
- Sir Arthur C Clarke: English writer (d. 2008).
- Ruth Colvin: American author and educator founded ProLiteracy Worldwide.
- Pete Cenarrusa: American soldier pilot and politician Secretary of State of Idaho (d. 2013).
- Nabi Bux Khan Baloch: Sindhi scholar.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shannon Four - Break the News to Mother
- Beale Street Blues - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra