Sunday 16 December 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur C Clarke and Wroklaw (Poland).
New York Luck, directed by Edward Sloman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Wildfire by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Wroklaw (Poland)
- Arthur C Clarke
- Sir Arthur C Clarke: English writer (d. 2008).
- Nabi Bux Khan Baloch: Sindhi scholar.
- Arthur Clarke: British science fiction writer, science writer, inventor, undersea explorer, and television series host.
- Nabi Baloch: Pakistani author and scholar (d. 2011).
- Pete Cenarrusa: American soldier pilot and politician Secretary of State of Idaho (d. 2013).
- Ruth Colvin: American author and educator founded ProLiteracy Worldwide.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Beale Street Blues - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- Shannon Four - Break the News to Mother
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?