Tuesday 18 December 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ossie Davis and Eddie Vinson.
The Scarlet Car, directed by Joseph De Grasse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 December 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1917 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Ossie Davis: Cogdell, Georgia -- Actor / playwright (Hot Stuff, Man Called Adam).
- Eddie Vinson: American jump blues, jazz, bebop and R&B alto saxophonist and blues shouter.
- Georges Blin: Pertuis Writer.
- Paul Jeanblanc: Bruy?res Military man.
- Soviet regiment (Stalin / Lenin) declares Finland Independent
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Lohengrin, Act III Prelude - Boston Symphony Orchestra
- They Go Wild, Simply Wild, Over Me - Marion Harris
- The Crucifix - John McCormack & Reinald Werrenrath