Thursday 13 December 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Arreckx and Dave Street.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1917 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Maurice Arreckx: French politician.
- Dave Street: Los Angeles, California -- Actor / singer (Broadway Open House).
- John Hart: American actor (d. 2009).
- Jan Baalsrud: Norwegian resistance fighter and second lieutenant of Kompani Linge during World War II.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shannon Four - Break the News to Mother
- Beale Street Blues - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra