Monday 31 December 1917, NewYear’s Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 31, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Suzy Delair and José Maria Gironella.
'49-'17, directed by Ruth Ann Baldwin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 December 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1917 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Suzy Delair: French singer and actress, director Henri-Georges Clouzot was her companion.
- José Maria Gironella
- Jose Gironella: Catalan and Spanish author best known for his fictional work The Cypresses Believe in God (Los cipreses creen en Dios), which was published in Spain in 1953 and translated into English by Harriet de Onís in 1955.
- Robert Angus: American film writer, producer and director.
- Wilfrid Noyce: English mountaineer and author (d. 1962).
- Evelyn Knight: American singer (d. 2007).
- Helena Bliss: American actress and singer, she sang in operettas, operas and musicals.
- Dutch Social-democratic trade union NVV counts 159,450 members.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Don't Know Where I'm Going But I'm On My Way - Peerless Quartet
- Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- Sailin' Away On the Henry Clay - Victor Military Band