Monday 31 December 1917, NewYear’s Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Suzy Delair and José Maria Gironella.
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1917 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Suzy Delair: French singer and actress, director Henri-Georges Clouzot was her companion.
- José Maria Gironella
- Jose Gironella: Catalan and Spanish author best known for his fictional work The Cypresses Believe in God (Los cipreses creen en Dios), which was published in Spain in 1953 and translated into English by Harriet de Onís in 1955.
- Evelyn Knight: American singer (d. 2007).
- Wilfrid Noyce: English mountaineer and author (d. 1962).
- Helena Bliss: American actress and singer, she sang in operettas, operas and musicals.
- Robert Angus: American film writer, producer and director.
- Dutch Social-democratic trade union NVV counts 159,450 members.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?