Saturday 22 December 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Rayburn and Piet De.
The Scarlet Car, directed by Joseph De Grasse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Gene Rayburn: American TV personality, host of the long-running and popular game show, "The Match Game" for which he garnered several Emmy nominations.
- Piet De: Somer Belgian rector (University of Leuven).
- Andrew Fielding Huxley London England: physiologist (Nobel Prize 1963).
- Freddie Francis: English cinematographer and film director.
- Francesca Saveria Cabrini US saint/patron of immigrant: dies at age 67.
- Mother Cabrini: American Catholic saint (Born 1850).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Lohengrin, Act III Prelude - Boston Symphony Orchestra
- They Go Wild, Simply Wild, Over Me - Marion Harris
- The Crucifix - John McCormack & Reinald Werrenrath