Friday 28 December 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ellis Clarke and William Blakefield.
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1917 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Ellis Clarke: President of Trinidad and Tobago (1976-87).
- William Blakefield: American military, Major General.
- Pierre Briquet: Excideuil Military man.
- Alfred Edwin McKay: Canadian World War One flying ace (Born 1892).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Crucifix - John McCormack & Reinald Werrenrath
- Lohengrin, Act III Prelude - Boston Symphony Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?