Friday 21 December 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Heinrich Böll and Andre Eglevsky.
The Scarlet Car, directed by Joseph De Grasse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1917 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Heinrich Böll: German author of novels, short stories and essays awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1972.
- Alicia Alonso: Havana, Cuba -- Ballerina (American Ballet Theatre).
- Andre Eglevsky: choreographer (Limelight).
- Sophie Masloff: American politician.
- Diana Athill: English author.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Lohengrin, Act III Prelude - Boston Symphony Orchestra
- They Go Wild, Simply Wild, Over Me - Marion Harris
- The Crucifix - John McCormack & Reinald Werrenrath