Saturday 9 January 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
The Book of Eli, directed by The Hughes Brothers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Faux Raccord.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atari Greatest Hits Volume 1 or Crisis in the Gulf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 9 January 2010 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 January
- Vimcy: Sports writer (Born 1925).
- A fourth church is attacked in Malaysia as a row over the use of the word ampquotAllahampquot by non-Muslims deepens. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Togo national football team bus attack:
- A magnitude 6.5 earthquake strikes offshore near Eureka, California, with reports of damage and local power outages. (CNN)
- British MP and MLA Iris Robinson is expelled by the Democratic Unionist Party after further details emerge of her involvement in a political and sex scandal (''The Guardian'')
- Hundreds of flights are cancelled in Germany as the severe weather conditions across Europe continue. The government asks people to buy several days worth of food and retreat indoors for the rest of the week. (Deutsche Welle)
- 30 people are injured after bottles of acid are thrown from a building into in a busy street in Hong Kong. (BBC)
- The United States warns against an attack by ampquotregional extremistsampquot on an Air Uganda flight between Uganda and Sudan. (''Sudan Tribune'')
- South African President Jacob Zuma urges party unity and warns economic recovery will be slow at a gathering celebrating the 98th anniversary of the African National Congress. (BBC)
- Taiwan's opposition Democratic Progressive Party wins all three seats in by-elections against the ruling Kuomintang. (Reuters India)
- Egypt bans all future aid convoys to Gaza, following recent clashes with Viva Palestina. (AFP)
- A bomb explodes outside the Greek Parliament in Athens with no casualties. (China Radio International)
- The Sri Lankan army releases over 700 former Tamil Tiger fighters after a rehabilitation program. (AFP)
- Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai resubmits his proposal for forming the cabinet after his previous selection was rejected by the National Assembly. (AFP)
- Venezuela's President Hugo Chávez announces that the national currency, the bolívar, will be devalued for the first time since 2005, by between 17% and 50%. (Al Jazeera)
- An Indian man is set on fire in Melbourne, Australia, in the latest in a series of attacks on Indian nationals in the country. (AFP)
- The Togo national football team withdraw from the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations as a third member of the team is confirmed dead following the attack on their team bus. (''The New York Times'')
- The Confederation of African Football announces that football matches will continue to be played in Cabinda Province where the attack took place. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- The Togo government decides to pull them out anyway. (''Philippine Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 January 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Inter - Siena : 4 - 3
- Roma - Chievo : 1 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Sevilla - Santander : 1 - 2
- Valladolid - Ath Madrid : 0 - 4
- Villarreal - Almeria : 1 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Gimnastic - Celta : 0 - 2
- Murcia - Elche : 0 - 2
- Numancia - Betis : 3 - 0
- Recreativo - Albacete : 0 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Cardiff - Blackpool : 1 - 1
- Coventry - Barnsley : 3 - 1
- Derby - Scunthorpe : 1 - 4
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?