Wednesday 9 July 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Scott and Don McPherson.
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Random Harvest by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 9 July 1941 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Don McPherson: Rocker.
- James Scott: Director (Strike it Rich).
- Scotty Baesler: (Rep-D-Kentucky).
- Takehide Nakatani: Japan -- Lightweight (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Karin von: Aroldingen in Germany; ballet dancer (New York City Ballet Company).
- Karin Aroldingen: German ballet dancer who joined the New York City Ballet in 1962.
- Philippe Boudon: French architect and architectural academic professor.
- Mac MacLeod: English musician.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?