Saturday 9 June 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patricia Cornwell and Marcella De Palma.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Gunslinger, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adventure Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1956 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Patricia Cornwell: American journalist and author.
- Marcella De Palma: Italian journalist and television host, who died in Rome on 8 March 2000.
- Heavy earthquake strikes Afghanistan, 400 killed
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?