Saturday November 09, 1907
US date format: 11/9/1907, UK date format: 9/11/1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 9, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Burrill Phillips and Louis Ferdinand of Prussia.
The Eleventh Hour, directed by John Lyde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 09, 1907?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- See more
- Edmonton Rugby Foot-ball Club 1st game, loses to Calgary City Rugby Foot-ball Club 26-5 at Edmonton Exhibition Grounds
- The Cullinan Diamond is presented to King Edward VII on his birthday.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 09, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - Let's Take an Old-Fashioned Walk
- Harry Lauder - I Love a Lassie (My Scotch Bluebell)