Monday 11 November 1907, Veteran's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Abellio and Orestis Laskos.
The Eleventh Hour, directed by John Lyde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1907!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1907 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Raymond Abellio: French author, philosopher and essayist; a Marxist.
- Orestis Laskos: Greek film director, screenwriter and actor (Born 1908).
- Henry Gadsby: Composer, dies at 64.