Friday November 09, 1906
US date format: 11/9/1906, UK date format: 9/11/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 9, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Georges Larché and Arthur Rudolph.
A Crazy Composer, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 09, 1906?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- See more
- Theodore Roosevelt is the first sitting President of the United States to make an official trip outside the country. He did so to inspect progress on the Panama Canal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 09, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - Ain't You Coming Back to Old New Hampshire, Molly?