Sunday 9 November 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert David Hall and Erin Sullivan.
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Gentleman's Agreement by Laura Z. Hobson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Viewers' Viewpoint.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1947 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Robert David Hall: American actor.
- Erin Sullivan: Canadian professional astrologer with an international practice, she is a lecturer and author of several books, including "Saturn in Transit" (2001), "Retrograde Planets" (2006) and "The Astrology of Family Dynamics" (2008) among others.
- Robert Hall: TV Actor.
- Junagadh is annexed as to Indian military intervention.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?