Thursday 9 October 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fjolnir Stefansson and David Rounds in Bronxville.
Sinners' Holiday, directed by John G. Adolfi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1930 ?
- David Rounds in Bronxville: New York, USA; actor (Terence - Beacon Hill).
- Fjolnir Stefansson: Composer.
- Lucien Daloz: French clergyman, the archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Besançon, France.
- Christian : Dijon physician.
- Hank Lauricella: American football player lieutenant and politician (d. 2014).
- 1st transcontinental flight by a woman completed, Laura Ingalls
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?