Thursday 9 October 1930US date format: 10/9/1930, UK date format: 9/10/1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 9, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Faith Ringgold and Toru Takemitsu.
The Silver Horde, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1930 ?
- Toru Takemitsu: Composer.
- Faith Ringgold: Artist.
- David Rounds in Bronxville: New York, USA; actor (Terence - Beacon Hill).
- Fjolnir Stefansson: Composer.
- Lucien Daloz: French clergyman, the archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Besançon, France.
- Christian : Dijon physician.
- Hank Lauricella: American football player lieutenant and politician (d. 2014).
- 1st transcontinental flight by a woman completed, Laura Ingalls