Tuesday 9 December 1930US date format: 12/9/1930, UK date format: 9/12/1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donald Pass and Maximilian Schell.
Storm Over Mont Blanc, directed by Arnold Fanck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1930 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Donald Pass
- Sherwin B. Nuland: Scientist.
- Maximilian Schell: Actor.
- Buck Henry in New York City: New York, USA; screenwriter/comedian (Saturday Night Live, Get Smart).
- Buck Henry: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Rube Foster: American baseball player and manager (d. 1930).