Monday 31 December 1928, NewYear’s Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ross Barbour in Columbus and Hugh McElhenny NFL halfback (San Francisco 49ers.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Peder Victorious by O.E. Rolvaag was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching British Movietone News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1928 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Ross Barbour in Columbus: Indiana, USA; singer ("Four Freshmen").
- Hugh McElhenny NFL halfback (San Francisco 49ers: Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants, Detroit Lions).
- Sine: French cartoonist.
- Euel Box: American music producer, composer, arranger, and trumpeter who has written major film scores and radio jingles for major markets.
- Hugh McElhenny: American football player.
- Hugh Mc: Los Angeles sports Champions
- Siné : French singer and cartoonist
- Tatyana Shmyga: Russian actress and singer (d. 2011)
- Veijo Meri: Finnish author and translator (d. 2015)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ted Weems & His Orchestra - You're the Cream in My Coffee
- Sweethearts On Parade - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?