Saturday 10 August 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eugene Wilkinson and Claude Raynaud.
The Great Love, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1918 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Eugene Wilkinson: United States Naval officer, nicknamed "Dennis," who was selected for three historic command assignments.
- Claude Raynaud: Felletin Cartoonists.
- Erich Loewenhardt: German flying ace (Born 1897).
- Russian Revolution: The British commander in Archangel is told to help the White Russians.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody
- Smiles - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- If He Can Fight Like He Can Love (Good Night, Germany) - Farber Sisters
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?