Thursday 10 August 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stanley Gillen and A N Sherwin-White.
The Accident, directed by Christopher Lawrence Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1911 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- A N Sherwin-White: English historian (d. 1993).
- Stanley Gillen: American auto industry executive, director of Ford of Europe from 1967.
- Antoine Schlindwein: France sport Champion.
- Jacques Fasquelle: St Val?ry en Caux physician.
- Leonidas Andrianopoulos: Greek footballer (d. 2011).
- A Sherwin-White: English historian and author (d. 1993).
- Carl Christian Lumbye: Composer, dies at 70.
- Parliament Act reduces power of House of Lords.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That was Before I Met You - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Turn Off Your Light, Mr. Moon Man - Nora Bayes & Jack Norworth
- That Was Before I Met You (solo version) - Walter Van Brunt