Thursday 10 August 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stanley Gillen and A N Sherwin-White.
The Accident, directed by Christopher Lawrence Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1911 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- A N Sherwin-White: English historian (d. 1993).
- Stanley Gillen: American auto industry executive, director of Ford of Europe from 1967.
- Antoine Schlindwein: France sport Champion.
- Jacques Fasquelle: St Val?ry en Caux physician.
- Leonidas Andrianopoulos: Greek footballer (d. 2011).
- A Sherwin-White: English historian and author (d. 1993).
- Carl Christian Lumbye: Composer, dies at 70.
- Parliament Act reduces power of House of Lords.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That was Before I Met You - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Turn Off Your Light, Mr. Moon Man - Nora Bayes & Jack Norworth
- That Was Before I Met You (solo version) - Walter Van Brunt